8 Keys to Parenting Children with ADHD - Classes and Book
8 Keys to Parenting Children with ADHD will guide readers towards a deeper understanding of what ADHD is beyond the characteristics most often mentioned—impulsivity, hyperactivity, and inattentiveness—and offer parenting perspectives and techniques to dramatically improve family relationships. Based on author Cindy Goldrich’s seven-session workshop entitled Calm and Connected: Parenting Kids with ADHD©, this book focuses on developing and strengthening effective interpersonal skills in both parents and children as a way to improve conflict resolution.
Following the parenting principle to “Parent the child you have,” Goldrich offers advice to help readers tailor their parenting to meet the needs of their unique child. The book also leads parents to recognize the value of being a leader and a guide to children, building parents’ confidence in their decision- making, and giving children a sense of safety, security, and confidence.
Along with the book, there is also a training course for parents.
This popular 7-week program covers:
Session 1 – Understanding ADHD*
Session 2 – Remaining Calm and Connected
Session 3 – Improving Communication
Session 4 – Encouraging Collaboration
Session 5 – Achieving Clarity & Consistency
Session 6 – Enforcing Consequences
Session 7 - Making Better Choices
*Session 1 now offered as a stand-alone. Join us for this introductory overview and learn:
• How ADHD and Executive Function Deficit impacts learning and behavior
• What makes following directions and consistency so challenging
• Why concepts like organization and time management seem to be learned, but not followed
• How using rewards and punishments often create more problems than they solve
• Why attention and discipline alone are not enough to improve performance and compliance