Dr. Alison Kravit, Psy.D. AAC
- Psychological evaluations are useful tools to provide a 'snap shot' of an individual's psychological health. It sheds insight on someone's learning styles, academic strengths/weaknesses, executive functions, attention capacity, adaptive behaviors, and emotional life, including underlying thoughts, feelings, and attitudes that influence behavior. This will also yield treatment recommendations based on an individual's strengths and weaknesses.
- I also am available to meet by Skype, or at an individual's home or office if necessary.
- I work with both children and adults. I also work as a School Psychologist one day per week, so am familiar with the IEP/504 process, and common helpful accommodations.
- I have done some Forensic work for the courts.
- I have several social skill groups, and conduct ADHD groups for individuals with ADHD and spouses of people with ADHD.
Hello and thank you for viewing my page! I hope to be able to help you through this part of your life! I am an empathetic, non-judgmental practitioner who sincerely cares about my patients/clients well-being. If you put in the work, I promise to work just as hard with you in finding the best path toward your desired outcome. In terms of ADHD, I offer services in the area of diagnosis, therapeutic interventions for co-morbid conditions (other conditions occurring at the same time), referrals to medication prescribers that understand ADHD throughout the lifespan, and ADHD Life Coaching. A one (or two if you need a medication prescribing physician) stop ADHD treatment shop!
In my private practice, I am Licensed Clinical Psychologist specializing in treatment and management of diagnoses such as ADHD, depression, anxiety, and Asperger's Syndrome. The practitioners at my clinic frequently refer patients to me for psychological evaluations in order to clarify diagnoses, understand possible barriers to progress in therapy, and provide insight regarding how emotions affect one's ability to cope effectively with stress. I am also a younger practitioner, and am very casual in my approach, which some people find helpful.
ADHD Coaching is a newer specialty of mine, and I received my accreditation through the ADD Coach Academy Accredited Coach Training Program. I have a unique perspective when it comes to ADHD of having been married to an adult with ADHD, treating patients with ADHD, working as a School Psychologist one day per week setting up academic interventions for children with ADHD, and having many friends and acquaintances outside of work who have been diagnosed with ADHD! I fully understand the impact this can have on relationships and communication, as well as the frustrations that come with the inconsistencies in performance across settings. My life experiences, coupled with my formal training and expertise, has been very useful in helping patients and clients overcome the challenges that having ADHD creates with tools, interventions, and strategies tailored to an individual’s specific concerns, style of learning, strengths, and challenges.
I’m very excited you have chosen me to walk with you on this path to achieving your goals and getting what you want to get out of life! Thank you for letting me be a part of your successes!
Monday - 8a-5p
Friday- 8a-4 or 6p, depending on the week
Saturday (2 per month) - 8a-2p
* All times are listed in CST
**Am available by Skype every night after 8pm
***Some Tuesday hours available upon request
One block north of the Marcus Northshore Theaters