The Leelanau School
- Founded in 1929.
- We use a rolling Admissions process and offer both on campus or skype interviews.
- Current parents and students are available for perspective families to speak to.
- Our beautiful campus is located on a 42 wooded acres on the shores of Lake Michigan, with the Crystal River meandering throughout, and surrounded by the renowned Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
- Students come to Leelanau from around the U.S. and the world and enjoy the close knit community offered. Numerous arts opportunities are available, along with many clubs, physical activities, and an active Student Life program.
- A strong emphasis in Health and Wellness, Physical Activity, Nutrition, and Life Skills add to our strong academic program. Examples include Morning Energize; local farm partnerships; fresh, whole food snacks and meals; afternoon activities; and "council".
The Leelanau School is an intentionally small college prep boarding and day school for 9-12th graders on the shores of Lake Michigan. Our school is staffed by a skilled and supportive community of educators, who educate in the classroom and in all aspects of campus life. Our extraordinary natural environment allows students to explore nature,
friendships, and their whole self in a safe setting where they develop a sense of belonging to one another and to the community.
We strive to identify all aspects of each student’s unique learning profile to build strategies which meet their educational development and personal growth.
How? By using project-based, experiential, strength and strategy-based curriculum in small classes, which makes rigorous academics attainable. Our teaching strategies are ideally suited for students with ADHD and executive functioning or processing challenges, as well as any student seeking a place where they feel understood, encouraged, and where “aha” moments become routine.
Our life-skills program gives students a distinct advantage in maturity as they transition to college and beyond. Leelanau students find their confidence soars as they practice accountability, take healthy risks, and learn resilience and leadership. 100% of Leelanau students gain acceptance into highly regarded colleges and universities and our college advisor works closely with each student to identify the best fitting schools. Alumni include a diverse population of creative problem solvers, entrepreneurs, artists, business owners, scientists, and educators.
Contact us to find out more about why The Leelanau School is "A Better Way To Learn".
Normal office hours are from 9:00-5:00 EST Monday- Friday. However, please feel free to contact us any time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Our campus in nestled amongst the shores of Lake Michigan and the beautiful Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The natural setting provides amazing four seasons outdoor opportunities. Using the environment, surrounding community, and entire campus is an integral part of a Leelanau education.
A Better Way To Learn - The Leelanau School