- 1. Noble Academy has become a professional learning site for the Wilson Reading System®, instructing educators in the Triad and beyond. Many levels of certification are available, and graduate credit is available for those who complete the programs. Noble Academy is the only WILSON® partner within the surrounding multi-state area (NC, SC, TN, VA.) Learn more about the workshops we offer:
- Wilson Reading System® Introductory Workshop
- WILSON® Fluency/Basic Workshop
- Wilson Reading System® Level I Certification
- Advanced Strategies for Multisensory Structured Language Group Instruction
- 2. FREE READING SCREENINGS
- The topic of reading readiness or literacy can be stressful for many children and parents. Children sometimes lag behind in development, while other students experience reading frustration that might have a deeper root. As parents, it is worth exploring.
- Screenings are held on the second Tuesday of each month. Reading screenings are given by administrators in the Lower School whom have significant education and training in reading instruction and assessment. Each screening, plus feedback, takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. Lower School administrators will provide some insight on pinpointing areas of concerns and offer families resources and recommendations.
- Screenings are for children ages 4-11 and will take place in Noble Academy’s Lower School building by appointment only. Contact Aimee Picon, Director of Educational Outreach, for more information or to schedule an appointment.
- 3. TUTORING
- While the staff at Noble Academy is specifically trained to serve students with learning differences and attention disorders, tutoring is open to all students in the community, with and without a diagnosed learning difference. Many of the strategies that help our full-day students succeed in the classroom can also bring powerful results in a tutoring situation. Students who are having trouble learning a specific subject, who need a motivational boost, or whose organizational skills impact their academic performance can all find success with a Noble Academy tutor. Our tutoring program is broken down into two divisions, Wilson Reading and Academic Coaching.
- Wilson Reading System®
- Our WILSON® reading instruction consists of remediation techniques for encoding, decoding, and fluency and employs a multi-sensory Orton-Gillingham structured approach by a WILSON® Language Certified Instructor. Skills are taught in an intensive, structured and individualized manner. We strongly recommend a minimum of two sessions per week.
- Academic Coaching
- Academic coaching offers personalized one-to-one instruction to help improve skills based on the student’s learning style, strengths, and weaknesses. A personalized tutoring plan is written for each student, taking into account the student’s needs. During academic coaching, tutors can provide students with homework help, strategies to be successful writers, math and much more.
- For tutoring needs, please contact Aimee Picon, Director of Educational Outreach, at email@example.com or by calling 336-282-7044 ext. 4643.
Welcome to Noble Academy!
I am thrilled and excited to be leading this unique, dynamic and innovative community of teachers and learners. Our mission, to empower students with learning differences to pursue their highest potential within a comprehensive, supportive educational environment, is imperative to our community. Students with learning differences are not slow or lazy, they are intelligent, creative and ambitious. They are not destined to just get by in school, but instead are destined for greatness!
At Noble Academy we believe that every child can learn and our environment is created just for them. Students with language and attention based learning differences can feel at home here, and they often say someone finally “gets” them after their first day at Noble. Our teachers are empathetic and passionate, our environment is small and specialized, and our students are smart and excited.
We believe providing our students opportunities to feel successful and empowered at school allows them to develop the confidence they need to be lifelong learners. By leveling the playing field with assistive technology, differentiated instruction and assessment, and courses in executive functions, our students find success beyond Noble in universities, community colleges and careers. Understanding themselves and their learning differences allows them to develop the self-advocacy skills necessary for real world success.
As you explore our website, I hope you are impressed by the quality of our programming and that you get a sense of the real warmth of the Noble Academy experience. If you are interested in learning more, please contact our Director of Enrollment Management today.
Head of School
Lower School (grades 2-5) - 8:10 am to 3:00 pm
Upper School (grades 6-12) - 8:20 am to 3:00 pm
Every Wednesday - school lets out at 1:45 pm
Summer Hours: Monday through Thursdays - 8:30 am to 3:30 pm